Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Think I Broke It!


Mike took my out driving one Sunday afternoon. In the hopes of making me an awesome standard driver. I've never driven a standard before so this was definitely new to me. My roommates decided they wanted to come along in the hopes of being provided some good entertainment, and I was hoping to shock them with what I thought would just be natural ability. Because being the good driver that I am I thought this would be just as easy. We went to the deseret industries back parking lot. And WOW, did I ever stall, ALLOT! It was embarrassing but I was gonna get it if it's that last thing I did. So I kept at it, and kept at it, until steam started pouring out of the hood. Mike in a panic saying, "stop the car." I stopped the car, and it didn't start again for some time. Mike was trying to comfort me saying "it just needs to cool off is all." But that's not the end of it. As he was fiddling with things under the hood I noticed the front driver side tire looked a little flat. I had managed to overheat his car, and flatten his front tire. But that's not the end of it, oh no being the persistent individual I am, I insisted on driving home. Now when I'm focusing on driving a standard all traffic laws go out the window. Sad but true. I turned left on green light with car honking headed right for me, and roommates screaming in the back seat. Needless to say, my roommates never did go on another driving lesson with me. And I'm still in the process of becoming an excellent standard driver. I'll get their some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment