Thursday, January 15, 2009

We're Engaged


On October 24th, 2008 Mike drove down from Kuna, Idaho to ask me a very important question. Not that I knew it was coming, but if it hadn't I would have been very disappointed. He took me out to eat that night, we went to the Pineapple Grill, after which we went to the fall formal. Mike was is an amazing dancer and delt with the fact that I would sometimes kick in the leg or step on his foot. After a fun filled evening of being twirled around the dance floor we went back to my place. Mike pulled out his guitar and started the serenading. It was great but it wasn't "my song," the song he had written me for my birthday, until it was. He seemed more nervous than before though. He sang and played beautifully, and then, a surprise, he had added a verse. He sang about me being his wife, and eternal companion, he then knelt down, pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him. Sappy, cheesy, romantic, it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment